Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Paul R. Carlile is Professor at Boston University School of Management. He earned his Ph.D. at the University of Michigan and was an Assistant Professor of Organization Studies at MIT's Sloan School of Management. Paul studied Philosophy and Anthropology at Brigham Young University and also earned a Masters in Organizational Behavior there. Paul has also founded two information technology companies developing tools for creating and sharing knowledge.
Davide Nicolini is Professor of Organization Studies at Warwick Business School where he co-directs the IKON Research Centre and the Warwick Institute of Health. Prior to joining the University of Warwick he held positions at The Tavistock Institute in London and the University of Trento and Bergamo in Italy. His work has appeared in journals such as Organization Science, Organization Studies, Journal of Management Studies, Human Relations, Management Learning, and Social Science and Medicine. From 2009 he is associate editor of journal Management Learning. His new book Practice Theory, Work, and Organization will be published in 2012 by OUP.
Ann Langley is Professor of Management at HEC Montreal and Canada Research Chair in Strategic Management in pluralistic settings. Her research focuses on strategic change, leadership, innovation, and the use of management tools in complex organizations with an emphasis on processual research approaches. She has published over 50 articles and two books.
Haridimos Tsoukas holds the Columbia Ship Management Chair in Strategic Management at the University of Cyprus, Cyprus and is a Professor of Organization Studies at Warwick Business School, University of Warwick, UK. He has published widely in several leading academic journals, including the Academy of Management Review, Strategic Management Journal, Organization Studies, Organization Science, Journal of Management Studies, and Human Relations. He was the Editor-in-Chief of Organization Studies (2003-2008), and the editor (with Christian Knudsen) of The Oxford Handbook of Organization Theory: Meta-theoretical Perspectives (2003) and author of Complex Knowledge: Studies in Organizational Epistemology (2005), both published by Oxford University Press. He has also edited Organizations as Knowledge Systems (Palgrave Macmillan, 2004, with N. Mylonopoulos) and Managing the Future: Foresight in the Knowledge Economy (Blackwell, 2004, with J. Shepherd).
Table of Contents
1. Introducing the Third Volume of Perspectives on Organization Studies, Paul Carlile, Davide Nicolini, Ann Langley, Haridimos Tsoukas
2. Ma(R)King Time: Material Entanglements and Re-Memberings: Cutting Together-Apart, Karen Barad
3. Reflections on Sociomateriality and Dialogicality in Organization Studies: from Inter-' to Intra-Thinking ... in Performing Practices, John Shotter
4. Materializing the Immaterial: Relational Movements in a Perfume s Becoming, Nada Endrissat and Claus Noppeney
5. Media as Material: Information Representations as Material Foundations for Organizational Practice, Paul Dourish and Melissa Mazmanian
6. Knowledge Eclipse: Producing Sociomaterial Reconfigurations in the Hospitality Sector, Wanda J. Orlikowski and Susan V. Scott
7. The Emergence of Materiality within Formal Organizations, Paul M. Leonardi
8. Reclaiming Things: An Archaeology of Matter, Bjornar Olsen
9. Untangling Sociomateriality, Matthew Jones
10. Doing By Inventing the Way of Doing: Formativeness as the Linkage of Meaning and Matter, Silvia Gherardi and Manuela Perrotta
11. Otherness and the Letting-be of Becoming: Or, Ethics Beyond Bifurcation, Lucas D. Introna