Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Praised for its atlas-style format, appropriately detailed anatomical illustrations, and exceptionally clear photographs of tissues and cadavers, Human Anatomy is now more visual and interactive. The Eighth Edition includes new one- and two-page Spotlight Figures that seamlessly integrate text and visuals to guide students through complex topics. New QR codes let you use a smart phones to link directly from figures in the book to figures in the Practice Anatomy Lab™ (PAL™) virtual anatomy program, giving you additional views for learning bones and muscles. The end-of-chapter Study Outlines now have memory-triggering visuals to help you remember chapter content. And the Eighth Edition now integrates book content with MasteringA&P® through expanded Coaching Activities.
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience and provides:
- Personalized Learning with MasteringA&P: Become engaged with new Spotlight Figure Coaching Activities and a wide range of other question and activity types — all automatically graded.
- Text-art Integration: New one- and two-page Spotlight Figures seamlessly integrate text and visuals to guide you through complex topics. You can study the Spotlight Figures in the book, and then instructors can assign them in MasteringA&P.
- Text-media integration: New QR codes in the chapters on the skeletal and muscular systems let you use your smart phones to link directly from figures in the book to figures in the Practice Anatomy Lab (PAL) virtual anatomy program, giving them additional views to help you learn bones and muscles.
- Ti me-saving Navigation and Study Tools: Navigate through difficult human anatomy topics through both the book and MasteringA&P.
0321902858 / 9780321902856 Human Anatomy Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321883322 / 9780321883322 Human Anatomy
0321905601 / 9780321905604 MasteringA&P with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card -- for Human Anatomy
Michael J. Timmons received his degrees from Loyola University, Chicago. For more than three decades, he has had a strong commitment to teaching nursing and pre-professional students at Moraine Valley Community College (outside Chicago). In 2005-2006, Professor Timmons was honored with the Professor of the Year Award by Moraine Valley Community College and the Excellence award from the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development for his outstanding contributions to teaching, leadership, and student learning. He has also been the recipient of the Excellence in Teaching Award by the Illinois Community College Board of Trustees. His areas of interest include biomedical photography, crafting illustration programs, and developing instructional technology learning systems. He is a national and regional presenter at the League for Innovation Conferences on Information Technology for Colleges and Universities and at Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS) meetings.
Robert B. Tallitsch received his Ph.D. in physiology with an anatomy minor from the university of Wisconsin┐–Madison. Since then, he has been on the biology faculty at Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois. His teaching responsibilities include Human Anatomy, Neuroanatomy, Histology, and Kinesiology. In seven out of the last nine years, Dr. Tallitsch has been designated as one of a select number of “unofficial teachers of the year” by the graduating seniors at Augustana College. Dr. Tallitsch serves as a visiting faculty member at the Foreign Languages Faculty at the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine and Pharmacology (Beijing, China) and also at the Foreign Languages Faculty at Central China Normal University (Wuhan, China).
Table of Contents
2. Foundations: The Cell
3. Foundations: Tissues and Early Embryology
4. The Integumentary System
5. The Skeletal System: Osseous Tissue and Skeletal Structure
6. The Skeletal System: Axial Division
7. The Skeletal System: Appendicular Division
8. The Skeletal System: Articulations
9. The Muscular System: Skeletal Muscle Tissue and Muscle Organization
10. The Muscular System: Axial Musculature
11. The Muscular System: Appendicular Musculature
12. Surface Anatomy and Cross-Sectional Anatomy
13. The Nervous System: Neural Tissue
14. The Nervous System: The Spinal Cord and Spinal Nerves
15. The Nervous System: Sensory and Motor Pathways of the Spinal Cord
16. The Nervous System: The Brain and Cranial Nerves
17. The Nervous System: Autonomic Nervous System
18. The Nervous System: General and Special Senses
19. The Endocrine System
20. The Cardiovascular System: Blood
21. The Cardiovascular System: The Heart
22. The Cardiovascular System: Vessels and Circulation
23. The Lymphoid System
24. The Respiratory System
25. The Digestive System
26. The Urinary System
27. The Reproductive System
28. The Reproductive System: Embryology and Human Development