The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
#1 selling text with great explanations and just enough anatomy! Clear explanations and a solid learning framework have been market tested and refined. Fox helps students master the fundamentals by providing appropriate anatomical detail. Human Physiology, Thirteenth Edition, is intended for the one-semester Human Physiology course often taken by allied health and biology students. The beginning chapters introduce basic chemical and biological concepts to provide students with the framework they need to comprehend physiological principles. The chapters that follow promote conceptual understanding rather than rote memorization of facts. Health applications are included throughout the book to heighten interest, deepen understanding of physiological concepts, and help students relate the material to their individual career goals. Every effort has been made to help students integrate related concepts and understand the relationships between anatomical structures and their functions. Users who purchase Connect Plus receive access to the full online ebook version of the textbook.
Table of Contents
1. The Study of Body Function
2. Chemical Composition of the Body
3. Cell Structure and Genetic Control
4. Enzymes and Energy
5. Cell Respiration and Metabolism
6. Interactions Between Cells and the Extracellular Environment
7. The Nervous System: Neurons and Synapses
8. The Central Nervous System
9. The Autonomic Nervous System
10. Sensory Physiology
11. Endocrine Glands: Secretion and Action of Hormones
12. Muscle: Mechanisms of Contraction and Neural Control