Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Human Physiology An Integrated Approachby Silverthorn, Dee Unglaub
step-by-step solutions for this book.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
About the Illustrators
Dr. William C. Ober received his undergraduate degree from Washington and Lee University and his M.D. from the University of Virginia. While in medical school, he also studied in the Department of Art as Applied to Medicine at Johns Hopkins University. After graduation, Dr. Ober completed a residency in Family Practice and later was on the faculty at the University of Virginia in the Department of Family Medicine. He is currently an Affiliate Professor of Biology at Washington and Lee University and is part of the Core Faculty at Shoals Marine Laboratory, where he teaches Biological Illustration every summer.
Claire W. Garrison, R.N., B.A., practiced pediatric and obstetric nursing before turning to medical illustration as a full-time career. She returned to school at Mary Baldwin College where she received her degree with distinction in studio art. Following a five-year apprenticeship, she has worked as Dr. Ober’s partner in Medical & Scientific Illustration since 1986. She is on the Core Faculty at Shoals Marine Laboratory and co-teaches the Biological Illustration course.
As Medical and Scientific Illustration, some of this team’s titles include Human Anatomy (Benjamin Cummings), Integrated Principles of Zoology (McGraw-Hill), Biology (Raven/Losos, McGraw-Hill), Marine Biology (McGraw-Hill) and Galapagos Marine Life Series (Sugar Spring Press).
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Physiology
2. Molecular Interactions
3. Compartmentation: Cells and Tissues
4. Energy and Cellular Metabolism
5. Membrane Dynamics
6. Communication, Integration, and Homeostasis
II. HOMEOSTASIS AND CONTROL
7. Introduction to the Endocrine System
8. Neurons: Cellular and Network Properties
9. The Central Nervous System
10. Sensory Physiology
11. Efferent Division: Autonomic and Somatic Motor Control
13. Integrative Physiology I: Control of Body Movement
III. INTEGRATION OF FUNCTION
14. Cardiovascular Physiology
15. Blood Flow and the Control of Blood Pressure
17. Mechanics of Breathing
18. Gas Exchange and Transport
19. The Kidneys
20. Integrative Physiology II: Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
IV. METABOLISM, GROWTH, AND AGING
22. Metabolism and Energy Balance
23. Endocrine Control of Growth and Metabolism
24. The Immune System
25. Integrative Physiology III: Exercise
26. Reproduction and Development