Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
For courses in human relations.
Show Students How Personal and Career Success Stems from the Development of Improved Human Relations Skills
By linking career and personal success to the development of human relations skills, the Eleventh Edition of Human Relations for Career and Personal Success stresses the importance of learning to deal more effectively with others. Applicable to a wide range of courses and professions, the text emphasizes teamwork, influencing others, and motivation as key components of success in work and life. Picking up where the previous edition left off, Dubrin continues to use new and powerful examples and exercises as part of a proven approach to help readers develop better their interpersonal skills.
An accomplished author, Andrew J. DuBrin, PhD, brings to his work years of research experience in human relations and business psychology. He has published numerous articles, textbooks, and professional books on such subjects as impression management, and narcissism proactive behavior in the workplace. He also serves occasionally as a peer reviewer of journal articles. Dr.DuBrin received his PhD from Michigan State University and is Professor Emeritus at the E. Philip Saunders College of Business, Rochester Institute of Technology, where he has taught organizational behavior, leadership, and career management.
Part I: Understanding and Managing Yourself
1. Human Relations and You
2. Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence
3. Self-Motivation and Goal Setting
4. Emotional Intelligence, Attitudes, and Happiness
5. Values and Ethics
6. Problem Solving and Creativity
Part II: Dealing Effectively With People
7. Personal Communication Effectiveness
8. Communication in the Workplace
9. Specialized Tactics for Getting Along with Others in the Workplace
10. Managing Conflict
11. Becoming an Effective Leader
12. Motivating Others and Developing Teamwork
13. Diversity and Cross-Cultural Competence
Part III: Developing Career Thrust
14. Getting Ahead in Your Career
15. Learning Strategies, Perception, and Life Span Changes
16. Developing Good Work Habits
Part IV: Staying Emotionally Healthy
17. Managing Stress and Personal Problems