Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
This product represents a valuable approach to teaching human resource management for several reasons:
- The content draws from the diverse research, teaching, and consulting experiences of the four authors who have taught human resource management to undergraduates, MBA students, and experienced managers and professional employees.
- The teamwork approach gives a depth and breadth to the coverage that is not found in other texts.
- The content emphasizes how the HRM function, as well as the management of human resources, can help companies gain a competitive advantage.
- The content discusses current issues such as social networking, talent management, diversity, and employee engagement, all of which have a major impact on business and HRM practice.
- Strategic human resource management is introduced early in the book and integrated throughout the text.
- Examples of how new technologies are being used to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of HRM practices are presented.
- Examples of how companies are evaluating HRM practices to determine their value are discussed.