Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Directed primarily toward undergraduate business or management majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
There is no greater asset to a company than its employees–which is why Human Resource Management shows readers how to maximize a firm’s potential through identifying and keeping an ideal workforce.
The new edition reflects many recent changes in the industry, across the country, and around the globe, including the 2012 national elections, continuing economic uncertainly, technological changes including an increase in mobile recruiting and learning, and the integral role that social media tools such as wikis, blogs, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter now play in the field of HR.
The book provides helpful insights for those who aspire to management positions.
0133254119 / 9780133254112 Human Resource Management Plus NEW MyManagementLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0133043541 / 9780133043549 Human Resource Management
0133086739 / 9780133086737 NEW MyManagementLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Human Resource Management
Table of Contents
1. Strategic Human Resource Management: An Overview
II. ETHICAL, SOCIAL, AND LEGAL CONSIDERATIONS
2. Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
3. Workforce Diversity, Equal Employment Opportunity, and Affirmative Action
4. Job Analysis, Strategic Planning, and Human Resource Planning
IV. HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
7. Training and Development
8. Performance Management and Appraisal
9. Direct Financial Compensation
10. Indirect Financial Compensation (Benefits) and Non -Financial Compensation
VI. SAFETY AND HEALTH
11. A Safe and Healthy Work Environment
VII. EMPLOYEE AND LABOR RELATIONS
12. Labor Unions and Collective Bargaining
13. Internal Employee Relations
VIII. OPERATING IN A GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT
14. Global Human Resource Management