Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
SECTION I: FOUNDATIONS OF CODING
1. Your Career and Coding
2. Coding and Reimbursement
3. The Transition to ICD-10-CM/PCS
SECTION II: ICD-10-CM DIAGNOSIS CODING
4. Introduction to ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Coding
6. Symptoms, Signs, and Abnormal Clinical and Laboratory Findings, Not Elsewhere Classified (R00-R99)
7. Factors Influencing Health Status and Contact with Health Services (Z00-Z99)
8. External Causes of Morbidity (V01-V99)
9. Diseases of the Digestive System (K00-K94)
10. Endocrine, Nutritional, and Metabolic Diseases (E00-E89)
11. Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (L00-L99)
12. Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue (M00-M99)
13. Injury, Poisoning, and Certain Other Consequences of External Causes (S00-T88)
14. Diseases of the Circulatory System (100-199)
15. Disease of the Blood and Blood-Forming Organs and Certain Disorders Invovling the Immune Mechanism (D50-D89)
16. Diseases of the Respiratory System (J00-J99)
17. Diseases of the Nervous System and Sense Organs (G00-G99)
18. Mental and Behavioral Disorders (F01-F99)
19. Diseases of the Eye and Adnexa (H00-H59)
20. Diseases of the Ear and Mastoid Process (H60-H95)
21. Certain Infectious and Parasitic Diseases (A00-B99)
22. Diseases of the Genitourinary system (N00-N99)
23. Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium (O00-)-O9A
24. Certain Conditions Originating in the Perinatal Period (P00-P96)
25. Congential Malformations, Deformations, and Chromosomal Abnormalities (Q00-Q99)
SECTION III: ICD-10-PCS PROCDEDURE CODING
26. Introduction to ICD-10-PCS Procedure Coding
27. Medical and Surgical Procedures (Section 0)
28. Medical and Surgical Related Procedures (Sections 1-9)
29. Ancillary Procedures (Sections B-D, F-H)
SECTION IV: PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
30. Putting it All Together
APPENDIX A: EXERCISE ANSWERS
APPENDIX B: GLOSSARY
APPENDIX C: INDEX