The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
Illustrated Bible Survey introduces all the books of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. Based on more than thirty years of scholarly research and classroom teaching, editors Ed Hindson, Elmer Towns, and scholars from Liberty University provide a visually engaging, practical, readable, and insightful overview of God’s Word and its eternal message.
Ideally suited for undergraduate students, laymen, and pastors, this volume features:
• More than 200 full-color photographs, maps, charts, and illustrations
• Introductions to each book of the Bible, including background, date, author, outline, and message
• Introductory chapters on the themes of the Bible, how we got our Bible, and the people and places of the Bible
• Sidebars on the unique features, beneficial insights, and practical applications of biblical truths
• Study questions and recommended further reading
ECPA Gold Medallion award winners Hindson and Towns draw from a lifetime of teaching more than 100,000 students. They represent quality evangelical scholarship, along with a passion to make the Scriptures come to life as they open windows of insight into the biblical text. This exciting survey highlights the key elements of the literature, history, archaeology, and wisdom of the biblical text with an eye on the practical application of its timeless truths, moral principles, and theological insights so desperately needed in today’s world.
Edward E. Hindson, D. Litt. Et Phil. (South Africa); FIBA (Cambridge), is the distinguished professor of Religion and Biblical Studies at Liberty University in Virginia.
Elmer L. Towns, D.Min. (Fuller Theological Seminary) is the distinguished professor of systematic theology and dean of the School of Religion at Liberty University and Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.