Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
Part I: Global trends in water and nutrient supply and demand in food productin
1. Global mismatch between food production and food consumption (Joachim von Braun)
2. Climate change: altered patterns of water supply and demand influencing food production (Werner von Bloh)
3. Translating water into food: how water cycles in natural and agricultural landscapes (Muhuddin Rajin Anway)
4. Nutrients as limited earth resources: global trends in fertilizer production and use (Patrick Heffer)
Part II: Mechanisms underlying water and nutrient use efficiency
5. Water cycling in the soil-plant continuum (Gary Paterson)
6. Nutrient cyclying in the soil-microbe-plant continuum (Eckhard George)
7. Physiological mechanisms of water use efficiency (Sven-Erik Jacobsen)
8. Agronomic principles of water use efficiency (John Passioura)
9. Physiological mechanisms and agronomic principles of nutrient use efficiency (Zed Rengel)
10. Breeding approaches to increasing water use efficiency (Y. Saranga)
11. Breeding approaches to increasing nutrient use efficiency (Hans-Joachim Braun)
12. Using simulation modelling of root growth and function as an aid in breeding for increase water and nutrient use efficiency (Jonathan Lynch)
13. Matching soil nutrient supply and crop nutrient demand during the gorwing season (Terry Rose)
14. Use of organic fertilizers alone or in combination with inorganic ones: effects on water and nutrient use efficiency (R.K. Nanwal)
Part III: Current status and future directions regarding increased water and nutrient use efficiency in food production systems
15. North America (Mark Licht)
16. Europe (Marcello Mastrorilli)
17. Asia (Fusuo Zhang)
18. Africa (A. Mando)
19. South America (Nand Kumar)
20. Oceania (D.J. Moot)