Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
The infectious organisms
1. Introduction: parasites, pathogens, and immunity
6. Helminths (worms)
9. Disease: virulence and susceptibility
The immune system
10. Defence, immunity, the immune system
11. External defences: entry and exit
12. Innate immunity
13. How pathogens escape innate immunity
14. Disease due to innate immunity
15. Immunodeficiency I: primary defects of innate immunity
16. Adaptive immunity: introduction
17. B cells and antibody
18. T cells and the MHC
19. The antibody response
20. Cell-mediated responses
21. Regulation of immune responses and memory
22. How pathogens escape adaptive immunity
23. Disesase due to adaptive immunity I: hypersenstivity
24. Disease due to adaptive immunity II: autoimmunity
25. Immunodeficiency II: primary defects of adaptive immunity
26. Immunodeficiency III: secondary immunodeficiency and AIDS
The host-pathogen balance
28. Control of infectious disease: vaccination
29. Control of infectious disease: chemotherapy
30. Control of infectious disease: public health measures
31. Viral and prion disease and immunity
32. Bacterial disease and immunity
33. Fungal disease and immunity
34. Protozoal disease and immunity
35. Helminth disease and immunity
36. Ectoparasites and immunity
37. Emerging and future infectious diseases