Information is traveling faster and being shared by more individuals than ever before. Information Technology Project Management, REVISED Sixth Edition offers the "behind-the-scene" aspect of technology. Although project management has been an established field for many years, managing information technology requires ideas and information that go beyond standard project management.
By weaving together theory and practice, this text presents an understandable, integrated view of the many concepts skills, tools, and techniques involved in project management. Because the project management field and the technology industry change rapidly, you cannot assume that what worked even five years ago is still the best approach today.
This text provides up-to-date information on how good project management and effective use of software can help you manage projects, especially information technology projects. Information Technology Project Management, REVISED Sixth Edition, is still the only textbook to apply all nine project management knowledge areas--project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resource, communications, risk, and procurement management--and all five process groups--initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing--to information technology projects.
- "Appendix A: Guide to Using Microsoft Project" has been updated for Office 2010. The data files for Appendix A are found online.
- Fully updated for the newly released PMBOK Guide, Fourth Edition. Describes in detail new processes and provides more details and examples of their output.
- Appendix B reflects changes to the PMP exam, mostly due to the new edition of PMBOK Guide.
- Exercises, running cases, "What Went Right?", "What Went Wrong?", "Best Practice," and "Media Snapshot" examples are updated.
- The student companion website features Jeopardy quizzes, podcasts, updated resources, and quick quizzes.
- Full instructor resource package offered.
- Fully updated and linked to the project management body of knowledge.
- Detailed guide for using Microsoft Project 2007 (Appendix A).
- Prepares students for the project management profession and certification exams.
- Includes new running cases and online templates.
- The student companion website offers additional Information Technology Project Management content in quiz, podcast, additional case and project formats.
- Comes with the MS Project 2010 CD.