What is included with this book?
Philip McCann holds The University of Groningen Endowed Chair of Economic Geography. He was formerly Professor of Urban and Regional Economics in the Department of Economics, at The University of Reading, UK. Professor McCann has been appointed as one of two Special Advisers to the European Commissioner for Regional Policy, providing expert counsel on matters relating to the reform and future development of European Cohesion Policy.
Les Oxley is Professor in Economics at the University of Waikato, New Zealand, Adjunct Professor at Curtin University of Technology, Australia, and an Affiliate of Motu Economic and Public Policy Research. His research interests include modeling and testing theories of economic growth, financial econometrics, energy economics and cliometrics. He is a founding editor of the Journal of Economic Surveys and sits on the editorial boards of several international journals.
INTRODUCTION: INNOVATION, ENTREPRENEURSHIP, GEOGRAPHY AND GROWTH (Philip McCann and Les Oxley)
1. THEORIES OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP, INNOVATION AND THE BUSINESS CYCLE (Simon C. Parker)
2. THE TRANSATLANTIC PRODUCTIVITY GAP: A SURVEY OF THE MAIN CAUSES (Raquel Ortega-Argilés)
3. A SURVEY OF THE INNOVATION SURVEYS (Shangqin Hong, Les Oxley and Philip McCann)
4. KNOWLEDGE DYNAMICS, STRUCTURAL CHANGE AND THE GEOGRAPHY OF BUSINESS SERVICES (Tommaso Ciarli, Valentina Meliciani and Maria Savona)
5. MULTILEVEL APPROACHES AND THE FIRM-AGGLOMERATION AMBIGUITY IN ECONOMIC GROWTH STUDIES (Frank G. van Oort, Martijn J. Burger, Joris Knoben and Otto Raspe)
6. A RELATIONAL APPROACH TO THE GEOGRAPHY OF INNOVATION: A TYPOLOGY OF REGIONS (Rosina Moreno and Ernest Miguélez)
7. AN ‘INTEGRATED’ FRAMEWORK FOR THE COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE TERRITORIAL INNOVATION DYNAMICS OF DEVELOPED AND EMERGING COUNTRIES (Riccardo Crescenzi and Andrés Rodríguez-Pose)
8. REGIONAL INNOVATION SYSTEMS WITHIN A TRANSITIONAL CONTEXT: EVOLUTIONARY COMPARISON OF THE ELECTRONICS INDUSTRY IN SHENZHEN AND DONGGUAN SINCE THE OPENING OF CHINA (Wenying Fu, Javier Revilla Diez and Daniel Schiller)