More New and Used
from Private Sellers
In Stock Usually Ships in 24 Hours
Starting at $22.41
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the 1st edition with a publication date of 5/15/2012.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Through a combination of best practices and common debugging and programming techniques-several of which are not currently documented in other books-this book shows developers why the system works the way it does and not simply what it does or how it does it. During the course of this book, readers will: Learn how to use debuggers as an integral part of the development process iterations Leverage the power of debuggers to learn system internals and mechanics Dissect software behavior on Windows using tracing and debugging tools Apply the above strategies to enhance knowledge of a few key fundamental topics in Windows
Tarik Soulami is a principal development lead on the Windows Fundamentals Team at Microsoft.
Table of Contents
- Part 1: A Bit of Background
- Chapter 1: Software Development in Windows
- Part 2: Debugging for Fun and Profit
- Chapter 2: Getting Started
- Chapter 3: How Windows Debuggers Work
- Chapter 4: Postmortem Debugging
- Chapter 5: Beyond the Basics
- Chapter 6: Code Analysis Tools
- Chapter 7: Expert Debugging Tricks
- Chapter 8: Common Debugging Scenarios, Part 1
- Chapter 9: Common Debugging Scenarios, Part 2
- Chapter 10: Debugging System Internals
- Part 3: Observing and Analyzing Software Behavior
- Chapter 11: Introducing Xperf
- Chapter 12: Inside ETW
- Chapter 13: Common Tracing Scenarios
- WinDbg User-Mode Debugging Quick Start
- WinDbg Kernel-Mode Debugging Quick Start