Only one copy
in stock at this price.
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Integration should match specific teaching and learning needs.
Old integration strategies are not necessarily bad; new strategies are not necessarily good.
Using these three premises as a foundation, this book presents effective theory- and research-based strategies for integrating technology resources and technology-based methods into everyday classroom practices. It is written from the teacher's perspective, making it ideal for both novice and experienced computer users. Unique coverage of integrating technology into specific content areas in Part IV demonstrates how to use technology to teach language arts, social studies, science, math, music, art, phys ed/health, and special education, rather than just providing generic strategies. For practicing teachers and computer users.
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND ON INTEGRATING TECHNOLOGY IN EDUCATION.
2. Planning and Implementation for Effective Technology Integration.
3. Learning Theories and Integration Models.
II. INTEGRATING SOFTWARE AND MEDIA TUTORS AND TOOLS: PRINCIPLES AND STRATEGIES
5. Integrating Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and Database Software Tools into Teaching and Learning.
6. Integrating Other Software Tools into Teaching and Learning.
7. Integrating Multimedia and Hypermedia into Teaching and Learning.
III. LINKING TO LEARN: PRINCIPLES AND STRATEGIES
9. A Link to the Future: Emerging Developments in Technology Integration.
IV. INTEGRATING TECHNOLOGY ACROSS THE CURRICULUM
11. Technology in Science and Mathematics Instruction.
12. Technology in Social Studies Instruction.
13. Technology in Art and Music Instruction.
14. Technology in Physical Education and Health Education.
15. Technology in Special Education.
Appendix: Rubrics and Checklists to Support Technology Integration and Assessment.