Your order must be $59 or more to qualify for free economy shipping. Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace items, eBooks and apparel do not qualify for this offer.
Get Rewarded for Ordering Your Textbooks!Enroll Now
Customer ReviewsRead Reviews
Write a Review
List Price: $77.75
This text addresses the core issues and concerns of intercultural communication by integrating three different perspectives: the social psychological, the interpretive, and the critical. The dialectical framework, integrated throughout the book, is used as a lens to examine the relationship of these research traditions.
Table of Contents
PART I. FOUNDATIONS OF INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATION
1. Why Study Intercultural Communication?
2. The History of the Study of Intercultural Communication
3. Culture, Communication, Context, and Power
PART II. INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATION PROCESSES
6. Language and Intercultural Communication
7. Nonverbal Codes and Cultural Space
PART III. INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATION APPLICATIONS
8. Understanding Intercultural Transitions
9. Folk Culture, Popular Culture, and Intercultural Communication
10. Culture, Communication, and Intercultural Relationships