Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
As globalization redefines the field of corporate finance, international and domestic finance have become almost inseparably intertwined. It's increasingly difficult to understand what is happening in capital markets without a firm grasp of currency markets, the investment strategies of sovereign wealth funds, carry trade, and foreign exchange derivatives products. International Corporate Finance offers thorough coverage of the international monetary climate, including Islamic finance, Asian banking, and cross-border mergers and acquisitions. Additionally, the book offers keen insight on global capital markets, equity markets, and bond markets, as well as foreign exchange risk management and how to forecast exchange rates.
- Offers a comprehensive discussion of the current state of international corporate finance
- Provides simple rules and pragmatic answers to key managerial questions and issues
- Includes case studies and real-world decision-making situations
For anyone who wants to understand how finance works in today's hyper-connected global economy, International Corporate Finance is an insightful, practical guide to this complex subject.
Table of Contents
1. What is International Corporate Finance?
PART I: THE INTERNATIONAL MONETARY ENVIRONMENT
2. Exchange Rates Regimes
3. Yesterday and Yesteryear: A Brief history of the International Monetary System
4. The Balance of Payments
PART II: THE WORLD MARKET FOR FOREIGN EXCHANGE AND CURRENCY DERIVATIVES
5. The Foreign Exchange Market
6. Interest Rate Arbitrage and Parity
7. Currency Futures and Currency Options
PART III: GLOBAL CAPITAL MARKETS AND THE FUNDING DECISION
8. The International Financial Sector and the Dynamics of Global Capital Markets
9. Raising Capital from Global Equity Markets
10. Sourcing Debt from Global Bond Markets
11. International Trade Financing
12. Asian Finance and Banking
13. Islamic Finance and Banking
PART IV: FOREIGN EXCHANGE RISK MANAGEMENT
14. The Case for Hedging Currency Risk
15. Forecasting Exchange Rates
16. Managing Transaction Exposure
17. Managing Translation Exposure
18. Managing Economic Exposure
PART V: INTERNATIONAL VALUATION AND THE INVESTMENT DECISION
19. Foreign Market Entry Strategies and Country Risk Management
20. International Capital Budgeting
21. Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions
22. Project Finance
23. Global Investment
PART VI: TREASURY MANAGEMENT FOR MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS
24. Financial Planning and Controlling for Multinational Corporations
25. Short-Term Financing, Cash and Working Capital Management
Appendix: Answers to Selected Problems
About the Companion Website
About the Author