Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Andrea K. Bjorklund is Professor of Law at the University of California, Davis School of Law. She is also co-rapporteur of the International Law Association's Study Group on the Role of Soft-Law Instruments in International Investment Law. Professor Bjorklund has written extensively on investor-state arbitration issues and is the co-author of Investment Disputes under NAFTA: An Annotated Guide to NAFTA Chapter 11 (Kluwer, 2006).
Andrew Newcombe is Associate Professor of Law at the University of Victoria. He previously worked with the International Arbitration group at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in Paris. He is the co-author of Law and Practice of Investment Treaties: Standards of Treatment (Kluwer, 2009).
Table of Contents
Part I: Context Setting
1. International Investment Law: Policy and Purposes
2. Historical Development of International Investment Law
3. Concession Agreements and Investment Contracts
4. Investment Treaties: Background, Structure, Obligations, and Dispute Settlement
Part II: Applicable Law, Scope, and Substantive Obligations
5. Applicable Substantive Law and Interpretation
8. National Treatment
9. Most Favored Nation Treatment
10. Minimum Standards of Treatment
11. Fair and Equitable Treatment
13. Contract v. Treaty Claims and the Umbrella Clause
14. Exceptions and Defences
Part III: Dispute Settlement
16. Basics of Dispute Settlement
17. Jurisdiction in Investment Arbitration
18. Jurisdiction and Admissibility
19. Procedural Issues
20. Control Mechanisms - Annulment and Review of Arbitral Awards
21. Enforcement of Awards and Sovereign Immunity
Part IV: Issues in International Investment Law
22. Investment and Labour, the Environment, and Human Rights
23. International Obligations of Investors and Corporate Social Responsibility
24. Critiques and Responses
25. Future Directions