Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Directed primarily toward undergraduate and graduate International Business or General Management majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
International Management explores the manager's role within the dynamic global environment of business management by exploring the political, legal, technological, competitive, and cultural factors that shape corporations worldwide.
Table of Contents
I. THE GLOBAL MANAGER’S ENVIRONMENT
1. Assessing the Environment: Political, Economic, Legal, Technological
2. Managing Interdependence: Social Responsibility, Ethics, Sustainability
New: Case 1. An Ethics Role Playing Case: Stockholders vs Stakeholders. (Global/Sri Lanka)
New: Case 2. Blackberry in International Markets. (Global/Middle East)
II. THE CULTURAL CONTEXT OF GLOBAL MANAGEMENT
3. Understanding the Role of Culture
4. Communicating Across Cultures
5. Cross-cultural Negotiation and Decision Making
New: Case 3. Google Orkut in Brazil: What’s So Social About It? (Brazil)
Case 4. MTV Networks: The Arabian Challenge (Saudi Arabia)
III. FORMULATING AND IMPLEMENTING STRATEGY FOR INTERNATIONAL AND GLOBAL OPERATIONS
6. Formulating Strategy
7. Implementing Strategy: Small Businesses; Global Alliances; Emerging Economy Firms
8. Organization Structure and Control Systems
New: Case 5. Alibaba in 2011: Competing in China and Beyond. (China)
New: Case 6. Carrefour’s Misadventure in Russia (Russia)
New: Case 7. Walmart in Africa (Africa)
New: Case 8. Evaluating the Chrysler-Fiat Auto Alliance in 2012. (Italy/U.S./Global)
IV. GLOBAL HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
9. Staffing, Training, and Compensation for Global Operations
10. Developing a Global Management Cadre
11. Motivating and Leading
New: Case 9. Indra Nooyi: A Transcultural Leader (India/Global)
New: Case 10. Foreign Investment in Chinese Banking Sector: HR Challenges. (China)
New: Case 11. The Challenges of International Entrepreneurship at Expatica.com (Global)
New: Case 12. Mahindra and Mahindra (B): An Emerging Global Giant? (India/Global)
New: Case 13. After the Breakup: The Troubled Alliance Between Volkswagen and Suzuki. (Germany/Japan)
Integrative Term Project
Name and Subject Index