This text uses theories developed from core assumptions to explain and interpret the creation and evolution of the postwar international economic system. Oatley provides undergraduates with the necessary background in history and economic theory and introduces students to the core elements of contemporary positive international political economy.
Thomas Oatley is Associate Professor of Political Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
1. International Political Economy.
2. The Multilateral Trade System.
3. The Domestic Politics of Trade Policy.
4. Trade and Economic Development in the South.
5. Multinational Corporations in the World Economy.
6. The International Monetary System.
7. The Domestic Politics and Exchange Rate Policy.
8. Developing Countries and the International Financial System.