More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the 2nd edition with a publication date of 5/8/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
The Origins and Development of the Cold War 1945-53
1. Tensions in the Grand Alliance and the Growing Confrontation, 1945-47
2. Two Worlds East and West, 1945-48
3. Empire, Cold War, and Decolonisation, 1945-53
4. The Cold War Intensifies: Containment Superseded, 1948-53
Cold War: Crises and Change, 1953-63
5. Soviet-American Relations: Avoiding Hot Water and the Search for Stability
6. Maintaining the Spheres of Influence
7. Fighting the Cold War: The Offensive Strategies
8. Collapsing Empires: The Cold War Battle for Hearts and Minds, 1953-63
The Cold War of Peaceful Co-Existence and the Rise of Multipolarity, 1963-71
9. The Eastern and Western Blocs in the 1960s
10. The Vietnam War
11. Other Regional Conflicts
The Detente Era, 1972-80
12. An Era of Negotiations, 1972-73
13. Stagflation and the Trials of Detente, 1973-76
14. Detente in Decline, 1977-79
15. The Return to Confrontation, 1979-80
From Confrontation to Communist Collapse, 1981-89
16. The 'Second' Cold War, 1981-85
17. Middle East Conflicts in the 1980s
18. Instability in Latin America
19. The Decline of the Cold War, 1985-89
The Post-Cold War World, 1990-2001
20. Europe and the Former Soviet Union
21. US Predominance and the Search for a Post-Cold War Order
22. Stability and Instability in the Developing World
The Age of Terror, 2001-2012
23. The 'War on Terror' and the War in Afghanistan
24. The Iraq War and the Middle East
25. The Shifting Global Balance