Interpretation of Pulmonary Function Tests, 4th edition provides practical, clinically relevant coverage of all types of pulmonary function testing as it applies to a host of disease conditions. It is aimed at any reader with a basic knowledge of pulmonary physiology and provides a solid basis for administering and interpreting these tests. The authors provide valuable guidance for day-to-day clinical work, e.g., in chapters entitled "When to Test and What to Order" and "Approaches to Interpreting Pulmonary Function Tests." The book also features over 40 illustrative cases that readers can use for self-testing and for reinforcing the principles discussed elsewhere in the book.
- A new focus on interpretation of complex disorders
- Coverage of impulse oscillometry
- Solution site to contain text as well as test generator to house cases
- "Pearls" regarding performance or interpretation of key tests
- Carefully selected authoritative references
- Clear illustrations demonstrating dozens of PFT patterns
- Illustrative cases