Introducing Philosophy: A Text with Integrated Readings, Tenth Edition, is an exciting, accessible, and thorough introduction to the core problems of philosophy and the many ways in which they are, and have been, answered. The authors combine substantial selections from significant works in the history of philosophy with excerpts from current philosophy, clarifying the readings and providing context with their own detailed commentary and explanation. Spanning 2,500 years, the selections range from the oldest known fragments to cutting-edge contemporary essays. Organized topically, the chapters present alternative perspectives--including analytic, continental, feminist, and non-Western viewpoints--alongside the historical works of major Western philosophers.
* Discussion questions, a summary, and a bibliography with suggestions for further reading at the end of each chapter
* Questions at the end of each subsection
* Marginal quotations from the featured readings
* Key philosophical terms, boldfaced in the text and collected at the end of each chapter
* A glossary at the end of the book