Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
What Every Android App Developer Should Know Today: Android 6 Tools, App/UI Design, Testing, Publishing, and More
Introduction to Android ™ Application Development, Fifth Edition , is the most useful real-world guide to building robust, commercial-grade Android apps with the new Android 6 SDK, Android Studio, and latest development best practices. Bigger, better, and more comprehensive than ever, this book covers everything you need to start developing professional apps for modern Android devices. If you’re serious about Android development, this guide will prepare you to build virtually any app you can imagine!
Three well-respected experts guide you through setting up your development environment, designing user interfaces, developing for diverse devices, and optimizing your entire app-development process. Up-to-date code listings support in-depth explanations of key API features, and many chapters contain multiple sample apps.
This fifth edition adds brand-new chapters on material design, styling applications, design patterns, and querying with SQLite. You’ll find a treasure trove of Android Studio tips, plus a brand-new appendix on the Gradle build system. This edition also offers
Download this book’s source code at informit.com/title/9780134389455 or introductiontoandroid.blogspot.com.
I. Platform Overview
1. Presenting Android
2. Setting Up for Development
3. Creating Your First Application
II. Application Basics
4. Understanding Application Components
5. Defining the Manifest
6. Managing Application Resources
7. Positioning with Layouts
8. Partitioning with Fragments
III. User Interface Design Essentials
9. Embracing Material Design
10. Appealing with Style
11. Exploring Building Blocks
12. Behaving with Patterns
13. Designing Compatible Applications
IV. Application Development Essentials
14. Using Shared Preferences
15. Working with Files
16. Manipulating Data with SQLite
17. Leveraging Content Providers
18. Accessing Data from the Network
V. Application Delivery Essentials
19. Learning the Development Workflow
20. Planning the Android Application Experience
21. Delivering Quality Applications
22. Testing Your Applications
23. Distributing Your Application
A. Tips and Tricks: Android Studio
B. Quick-Start: Android Emulator
C. Quick-Start: Android Studio Debugging
D. Quick-Start: Gradle Build System
E. Mastery: Android SDK Tools
F. Quiz Question Answers