What Every Android App Developer Should Know Today: Android 6 Tools, App/UI Design, Testing, Publishing, and More
Introduction to Android ™ Application Development, Fifth Edition , is the most useful real-world guide to building robust, commercial-grade Android apps with the new Android 6 SDK, Android Studio, and latest development best practices. Bigger, better, and more comprehensive than ever, this book covers everything you need to start developing professional apps for modern Android devices. If you’re serious about Android development, this guide will prepare you to build virtually any app you can imagine!
Three well-respected experts guide you through setting up your development environment, designing user interfaces, developing for diverse devices, and optimizing your entire app-development process. Up-to-date code listings support in-depth explanations of key API features, and many chapters contain multiple sample apps.
This fifth edition adds brand-new chapters on material design, styling applications, design patterns, and querying with SQLite. You’ll find a treasure trove of Android Studio tips, plus a brand-new appendix on the Gradle build system. This edition also offers
- Updated coverage of the latest Android 5.1 and 6 APIs, tools, utilities, and best practices
- New coverage of the Android 6.0 permission model
- Powerful techniques for integrating material design into your apps
- An all-new chapter on using styles and reusing common UI components
- Extensive new coverage of app design, architecture, and backward compatibility
- A full chapter on using SQLite with persistent database-backed app data
- Revised quiz questions and exercises to test your knowledge
Download this book’s source code at informit.com/title/9780134389455 or introductiontoandroid.blogspot.com.