Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
PART ONE The Place of Animals and Animal Science in the Lives of Humans
1. Introduction to the Animal Sciences
2. The Value of Animals to Humanity
3. Factors Affecting World Agricultural Structure
4. Worldwide Systems of Agricultural Production
PART TWO The Biological Sciences of Animal Science
5. Introduction to Nutrition
6. The Gastrointestinal Tract and Nutrition
7. Feedstuffs Classification
9. Animal Breeding
10. Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
11. Animal Reproduction
13. Animal Behavior
14. Animal Health
PART THREE The Animal Industries
15. Market Coordination in the Beef, Pork, and Poultry Industries
16. Beef Cattle
17. Dairy Cattle
20. Sheep and Goats
23. Pet and Companion Animals
PART FOUR Animals and Society
26. Careers and Career Preparation in the Animal Sciences
27. Food Safety and Consumer Concerns
28. Animal Welfare and Animal Rights
29. Animals in Sustainable Agriculture