Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Introduction to Biotechnologyby Thieman, William J.; Palladino, Michael A.
step-by-step solutions for this book.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
William Thieman, formerly of Ventura College, chaired one of the leading biotech programs in California. Co-author Michael A. Palladino is a molecular biologist with considerable experience in directing undergraduate student research in recombinant DNA technology; he is co-author of Concepts of Genetics, Tenth Edition, Essentials of Genetics, Seventh Edition, as well as Understanding the Human Genome Project, Second Edition.
Table of Contents
1. The Biotechnology Century and Its Workforce
2. An Introduction to Genes and Genomes
3. Recombinant DNA Technology and Genomics
4. Proteins as Products
5. Microbial Biotechnology
6. Plant Biotechnology
7. Animal Biotechnology
8. DNA Fingerprinting and Forensic Analysis
10. Aquatic Biotechnology
11. Medical Biotechnology
12. Biotechnology Regulations
13. Ethics and Biotechnology
Appendix I: Answers to Questions
Appendix II: The 20 Amino Acids of Proteins