Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
The MINITAB lab manual is designed to be used with any Elementary Statistics textbook. The lessons are self-explanatory and explore topics that are covered in all elementary texts. The purpose in writing this manual is to provide some simple examples of basic statistical techniques so that students can see that statistics is more than just a long list of mind-boggling formulas. Since MINITAB does all the computation, students can concentrate on selecting the appropriate statistical method and can focus on understanding and interpreting the results.
Each chapter has an instructional section which summarizes a basic statistical concept. This is followed by a computer assignment in which students can practice the techniques that they have learned in the chapter.
All instructions and diagrams in the manual were developed using MINITAB Release 14. Users of the Student Version of MINITAB may find some slight differences in the procedures. All the data sets used in the lessons are saved on the included data CD as MINITAB Worksheets (*.MTW).
Minitab Software/CD not included with manual.
Table of Contents
1. Qualitative Data Analysis
2. Quantitative Data Analysis
3. Measures of Central Tendency and Variation
4. Probability and Simulation
5. The Binomial Random Variable
6. The Normal Random Variable
7. The Central Limit Theorem and the Sampling Distribution of the Sampling Mean
8. Confidence Interval Estimation
9. Hypothesis Testing (One Sample Problem)
10. Comparing Two Populations
11. Regression Analysis