Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Introduction to Engineering Technology, Eighth Edition, explains the responsibilities of technicians and technologists in the dynamic world of engineering. The basic tools of engineering technology, including problem solving, calculator skills, conversion of units, geometry, computer skills, and technical reporting, are explained. Mathematical concepts are presented in a moderately-paced manner, including practical, worked-out examples for the engineering calculator. In addition to developing your skills in algebra, trigonometry, and geometry, this popular text also helps you to understand the broad spectrum of today’s technologies.
1. Engineering Technology as a Career
2. Career Choices in the Engineering Technologies
3. Survival Skills — Preparing for the Engineering Technologies
4. The Calculator
5. Measurement Systems
6. Right-Triangle Trigonometry and Geometry for Technologists
7. The Technical Library
8. The Personal Computer
9. Networking, Internet, and Industrial Automation
10. Your Future in Technology
Appendix A: Professional Organizations in Engineering
Appendix B: Algebraic Rules
Appendix C: Trigonometry
Appendix D: Glossary of Abbreviations and Acronyms
Answers to Odd-Numbered Problems