More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
This is the 8th edition with a publication date of 6/10/2013.
What is included with this book?
Are you new to studying law... You've decided to study one of the most fascinating subjects - law. Whether you're working towards a law degree or studying law as part of another subject,Introduction to the English Legal Systemis your ideal starting point. Right from the word go, it enlivens and clarifies the law, and explains the central role it plays in society. ...and do you want to engage with contemporary debates? Consolidating over 40 years' experience in the law, Martin Partington will challenge your assumptions about the English legal system, and encourage you to question how far it meets the demands placed upon it. Written in a lively style and incorporating a wealth of examples throughout, this concise introduction brings law and the legal system to life. This title is accompanied by an innovative Online Resource Centre providing a wide range of resources: For students: * Author blog with podcasts * Web links * Knowledge-testing multiple choice questions * Discussion questions * Flashcard glossary * Crosswords For lecturers: * Test bank of multiple choice questions with answers and feedback * Customizable PowerPoint presentations
Table of Contents
1. Themes and structure
Law, society and authority
2. Law and society: the purposes and functions of law
3. Law-making: authority and process
The institutional framework
4. Shaping the institutional framework: the role of government
5. The criminal justice system
6. The administrative justice system
7. The family justice system
8. The civil and commercial justice system
The delivery and funding of legal services
9. Delivering legal services: practitioners, adjudicators, and legal scholars
10. The funding of legal services
11. Is the English legal system fit for purpose?