Introduction to Global Politics, Brief Third Edition, brings together an expert team of international scholars to provide students with a current, engaging, and non-U.S. perspective on global politics. It shows students how to analyze global political events using theoretical approaches--both mainstream and alternative--and emphasizes non-state actors more than other textbooks.
* "Thinking about Global Politics" boxes at the end of each chapter give students the opportunity to develop their critical-thinking skills and apply their knowledge to in-depth activities dealing with real-world issues
* "Theory in Practice" essays with discussion questions examine real-world scenarios using a variety of theoretical lenses
* "Engaging with the World" boxes suggest ways that students can get involved with activist organizations
* "Case Study" essays with discussion questions delve into timely moments from world events, providing students with more in-depth analyses of specific topics
* "What's Your Worldview?" critical-thinking questions challenge students to develop their own, more well-informed ideas about global actors and issues
* Additional study aids--including a comprehensive glossary, review questions at the end of each chapter, and margin charts--help students better comprehend the material and prepare for tests