Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
2. Establishing the Modeling Mindset: Model Basics 19
3. Building Simple Models: Step-by-Step Instructions for Creating a Model of a Doghouse 61
4. Modeling Buildings: From Drafting a Floor Plan to Adding a Roof 81
5. Keeping Your Model’s Appearance: Working with Components 135
6. Creating Everyday Objects: Tools, Techniques, and Tips 175
7. Keeping Your Model Organized: Using the Outliner and Layers 229
8. Modeling with Photographs: Using Photo Match to Build Models 247
9. Changing Your Model’s Appearance: Applying Styles and Shadows 285
10. Presenting Your Model Inside SketchUp: Showing Off Your Model 325
11. Working with Google Earth and the 3D Warehouse: Tying Together All of Google’s 3D Software 359
12. Printing Your Work: With a Windows PC and a Mac 389
13. Exporting Images and Animations: Making Image Files and Movies 409
14. Exporting to CAD, Illustration, and Other Modeling Software: Using SketchUp Pro 433
15. Creating Presentation Documents with LayOut: Presenting 3D SketchUp Pro Models on Paper and on Screen: Working with Templates and Scrapbooks 461
16. Troubleshooting and Using Additional Resources: Fixing Problems and Enhancing Your Model 517
Bonus Chapter. Building Your Own Dynamic Components