Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
Part One: Laying the Groundwork
1. Mass Communication, Culture, and Media Literacy
2. Convergence and the Reshaping of Mass Communication
Part Two: Media, Media Industries, and Media Audiences
7. Radio, Recording, and Popular Music
8. Television, Cable, and Mobile Video
9. Video Games
10. The Internet and the World Wide Web
Part Three: Supporting Industries
11. Public Relations
Part Four: Mass-Mediated Culture in the Information Age
13. Theories and Effects of Mass Communication
14. Media Freedom, Regulation, and Ethics
15. Global Media