Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
With this updated new edition, the market-leading Introduction to the Practice of Statistics (IPS) remains unmatched in its ability to show how statisticians actually work. Its focus on data analysis and critical thinking, step-by-step pedagogy, and applications in a variety of professions and disciplines make it exceptionally engaging to students learning core statistical ideas.
What's in the LaunchPad
1. Looking at Data—Distributions
2. Looking at Data—Relationships
3. Producing Data
4. Probability: The Study of Randomness
5. Sampling Distributions
6. Introduction to Inference
7. Inference for Distributions
8. Inference for Proportions
9. Analysis of Two-Way Tables
10. Inference for Regression
11. Multiple Regression
12. One-Way Analysis of Variance
13. Two-Way Analysis of Variance
Optional Companion Chapters
(available at www.whfreeman.com/ips8e)
14. Logistic Regression
15. Nonparametric Tests
16. Bootstrap Methods and Permutation Tests
17. Statistics for Quality: Control and Capability