Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 1/15/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: The Basic Thesis and Background
Part I: Primary Evidence for Dependence: Sequential Correspondences and Date
2. The Casuistic Laws
3. The Apodictic Laws
4. Date and Opportunity for the Use of Hammurabi's and Other Cuneiform Laws
Part II: Compositional Logic of the Covenant Code
5. Debt-Slavery and the Seduction of a Maiden (Exodus 21:2-11; 22:15-16)
6. Homicide, Injury, Miscarriage, Talion (Exodus 21:12, 18-27)
7. Child Rebellion, Kidnapping, Sorcery, Bestiality, Illicit Sacrifice (Exodus 21:12-17; 22:17-19)
8. The Goring Ox and Negligence (Exodus 21:28-36)
9. Animal Theft, Crop Destruction, Deposit, and Burglary (Exodus 21:37-22:8)
10. Animal Injury, Death, and Rental (Exodus 22:9-14)
11. The Themes and Ideology of the Apodictic Laws (Exodus 20:23-26; 21:1; 22:20-23:19)
12. Redactional Growth in the Apodictic Laws and the Covenant Code's Relationship to the Exodus Narrative