More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 1/15/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: The Basic Thesis and Background
Part I: Primary Evidence for Dependence: Sequential Correspondences and Date
2. The Casuistic Laws
3. The Apodictic Laws
4. Date and Opportunity for the Use of Hammurabi's and Other Cuneiform Laws
Part II: Compositional Logic of the Covenant Code
5. Debt-Slavery and the Seduction of a Maiden (Exodus 21:2-11; 22:15-16)
6. Homicide, Injury, Miscarriage, Talion (Exodus 21:12, 18-27)
7. Child Rebellion, Kidnapping, Sorcery, Bestiality, Illicit Sacrifice (Exodus 21:12-17; 22:17-19)
8. The Goring Ox and Negligence (Exodus 21:28-36)
9. Animal Theft, Crop Destruction, Deposit, and Burglary (Exodus 21:37-22:8)
10. Animal Injury, Death, and Rental (Exodus 22:9-14)
11. The Themes and Ideology of the Apodictic Laws (Exodus 20:23-26; 21:1; 22:20-23:19)
12. Redactional Growth in the Apodictic Laws and the Covenant Code's Relationship to the Exodus Narrative