Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Investment Banking, UNIVERSITY EDITION is a highly accessible and authoritative book written by investment bankers that explains how to perform the valuation work at the core of the financial world. This body of work builds on Rosenbaum and Pearl’s combined 30+ years of experience on a multitude of transactions, as well as input received from numerous investment bankers, investment professionals at private equity firms and hedge funds, attorneys, corporate executives, peer authors, and university professors.
This book fills a noticeable gap in contemporary finance literature, which tends to focus on theory rather than practical application. It focuses on the primary valuation methodologies currently used on Wall Street—comparable companies, precedent transactions, DCF, and LBO analysis—as well as M&A analysis. The ability to perform these methodologies is especially critical for those students aspiring to gain full-time positions at investment banks, private equity firms, or hedge funds. This is the book Rosenbaum and Pearl wish had existed when we were trying to break into Wall Street.
Written to reflect today’s dynamic market conditions, Investment Banking, UNIVERSITY EDITION skillfully:
- Introduces students to the primary valuation methodologies currently used on Wall Street
- Uses a step-by-step how-to approach for each methodology and builds a chronological knowledge base
- Defines key terms, financial concepts, and processes throughout
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the fundamentals of LBOs and an organized M&A sale process
- Presents new coverage of M&A buy-side analytical tools—which includes both qualitative aspects, such as buyer motivations and strategies, along with technical financial and valuation assessment tools
- Includes a comprehensive merger consequences analysis, including accretion/(dilution) and balance sheet effects
- Contains challenging end-of-chapter questions to reinforce concepts covered
A perfect guide for those seeking to learn the fundamentals of valuation, M&A , and corporate finance used in investment banking and professional investing, this UNIVERSITY EDITION—which includes an instructor’s companion site—is an essential asset. It provides students with an invaluable education as well as a much-needed edge for gaining entry to the ultra-competitive world of professional finance.
Table of Contents
Instructor and Student Resources xiii
About the Authors xv
PART ONE Valuation 11
CHAPTER 1 Comparable Companies Analysis 13
CHAPTER 2 Precedent Transactions Analysis 87
CHAPTER 3 Discounted Cash Flow Analysis 135
PART TWO Leveraged Buyouts 197
CHAPTER 4 Leveraged Buyouts 199
CHAPTER 5 LBO Analysis 251
PART THREE Mergers & Acquisitions 313
CHAPTER 6 Sell-Side M&A 315
CHAPTER 7 Buy-Side M&A 355
Solutions Manual 425
Bibliography and Recommended Reading 449