Can religion and science co-exist? Do they? Is religion hardwired in humans? The book, from the Chicago Social Brain Network, is the result of an extraordinary ongoing conversation among a group of highly respected scientists, physicians, philosophers, and theologians. Together, they share profound insights into the deepest questions humans ask and explore the invisible forces and powerful beliefs that shape our lives. Their insights reflect both humanity's latest science and its most enduring wisdom. Their answers and questions will challenge readers and reward them with a richer understand of who we are, what we share, and what it means.
- What do we really know about human nature?
- How do we see what we see, know what we know, feel what we feel?
- How do people come to believe in God?
- Where does empathy come from?
- What are the health benefits of faith?
- Where do you end, and others begin?
- What do marriage, family, and friendship mean?
- How can people repair the broken connections that keep them lonely?