Your order must be $59 or more to qualify for free economy shipping. Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace items, eBooks and apparel do not qualify for this offer.
Get Rewarded for Ordering Your Textbooks!Enroll Now
Customer ReviewsRead Reviews
Write a Review
List Price: $86.00
For courses in International Relations, World Politics and Globalization. This introduction to international relations employs an exceptionally readable style that avoids jargon and abstract theory by blending basic concepts and vocabulary with a substantial amount of historical background and examples from current events. This readable style combined with new pedagogy allows students to better understand how International Relations can and does affect them and their own lives.
Table of Contents
I. THE COLD WAR COME AND GONE.
1. Strange New World: Power and Systems in Transformation. 2. America's Changing National Interests. 3. “Wrong, Terribly Wrong” : The United States and Vietnam. 4. Can the United States Lead the World? 5. From Russia to the Soviet Union. 6. From the Soviet Union Back to Russia.
II. THE GLOBAL SOUTH.
7. South Africa and the End of Colonialism. 8. Eternal Warfare in the Holy Land? 9. Oil and Turmoil: The Persian Gulf. 10. The Troubled Americas: Our Neglected South. 11. Economic Development: The Rich and the Poor.
III. THE ETERNAL THREATS.
12. National Security: How States Protect Themselves. 13. Nuclear Politics: Is the Bomb Here to Stay?
IV. THE ECONOMIC BLOCS.
14. The Uniting of Europe. 15. Pacific Tremors. 16. The United States and Globalization.
V. THE POLITICS OF A NEW WORLD.
17. Diplomacy. 18. International Law. 19. The United Nations. 20. Giving Peace a Chance. Index.