Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
List of Illustrations
Frontispiece: Map of places mentioned
Introduction: The Italian Renaissance as an Idea Rather Than a Period
1. What a Difference a Hundred Years Makes
2. How it All Started: Florence and Umbria
3. What Happened Next in Florence
4. Searching for the Renaissance (1): Siena and Southward to Sicily
5. Searching for the Renaissance (2): From Northern Italy Back to Umbria
6. The Triumph of the Intellectual Avant-Garde: The High Renaissance
7. Some Other Artists of the High Renaissance
8. The Swan Song of Renaissance Art
9. The Break and the New Avant-Garde: Early Mannerism
10. What Was the Italian Renaissance? Conclusions in the Bigger Picture
Appendix A: Artists Mentioned
Appendix B: Some Suggested Readings