The Japanese language has two basic writing systems, kanji characters—which are based on Chinese characters and hiragana and katakana—a mnemonics based alphabet. This handy book teaches you a new mnemonicsubased method to read and write the 410 highest-frequency kanji characters.
Japanese Kanji for Beginners contains everything you need to learn the kanji characters required for the Advanced Placement Japanese Language and Culture Exam. It is designed for use by high school or college students as well as independent learners. The kanji learned in this book closely adheres to the kanji introduced in every major Japanese language textbook.
Key features of Japanese Kanji for Beginners include:
- The 410 highest-frequency kanji characters
- 44 simple, easy-to-follow lessons
- Concise information on kanji elements, readings and pronunciations
- Extensive exercises, drills, and writing practice
- Free CD-ROM with printable flash cards, practice quizzes and extra exercises
As a bonus—the free CD-ROM inside the kanji book contains a set of printable kanji flash cards to assist learners in reviewing and memorizing the kanji in the book. It also contains sample vocabulary quizzes in a multiple-choice format similar to those in the AP exam, as well as additional exercises that further reinforce the newly learned kanji.