from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Sharon Biocca Zakhour is a principal technical writer at Oracle Corporation, and was formerly at Sun Microsystems. She has contributed to Java SE platform documentation for more than twelve years, including The Java™ Tutorial, Fourth Edition, (Addison-Wesley, 2007) and The JFC Swing Tutorial, Second Edition (Addison-Wesley, 2004). She graduated from the University of California, Berkeley, with a B.A. in computer science, and has worked as a programmer, developer support engineer, and technical writer for thirty years.
Sowmya Kannan was previously a principal technical writer at Oracle Corporation and Sun Microsystems. Most recently, she was the manager of the Java SE documentation team. She has more than fifteen years of experience in the design, development, and documentation of the Java platform, Java-based middleware, and web applications.
Raymond Gallardo is a technical writer for Oracle Corporation. Previous engagements include college instructor, technical writer for IBM, and bicycle courier. He obtained his B.Sc. in computer science and English from the University of Toronto and his M.A. in creative writing from The City College of New York.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started
2. Object-Oriented Programming
3. Language Basics
4. Classes and Objects
5. Interfaces and Inheritance
8. Numbers and Strings
10. Basic I/O
13. Regular Expressions
14. The Platform Environment
16. Packaging Programs in JAR Files
17. Rich Internet Applications
19. Java Web Start Applications
20. Doing More with RIA
21. Deployment Toolkit
Appendix - Java Language Keywords