Every lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success.
- Practical, hands-on examples show you how to apply what you learn.
- Quizzes and exercises help you test your knowledge and stretch your skills.
- Notes and tips point out shortcuts and solutions.
Learn how to:
- Debug scripts
- Create scripts that work in all browsers
- Write clear, reliable, and reusable code
- Use object-oriented programming techniques
- Script with the DOM
- Access JSON data
- Work with HTML5 and CSS3
- Leverage the popular jQuery library
- Read and write cookies
- Use some of the new ECMAScript 6 features today
- Get started with frameworks such as AngularJS
- Build browser add-ons and extensions
- Those who have at least a basic understanding of HTML and web page design in general and want to move on to adding some extra interactivity to your pages.
2 Writing Simple Scripts
3 Using Functions
4 DOM Objects and Built-in Objects
Part II: Cooking with Code
5 Numbers and Strings
7 Program Control
Part III: Objects
8 Object-Oriented Programming
9 Scripting with the DOM
10 Meet JSON
Part IV: HTML5 and CSS3
13 Introducing CSS3
14 Using Libraries
15 A Closer Look at jQuery
16 The jQuery UI User Interface Library
17 Ajax with jQuery
Part VI: Advanced Topics
18 Reading and Writing Cookies
20 Using Frameworks
Part VII: Learning the Trade
22 Good Coding Practice
23 Debugging Your Code
Part VIII: Appendices