Written by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine faculty and surgical residents, the second edition of The Johns Hopkins ABSITE Review Manual delivers comprehensive coverage of the American Board of Surgery In-Training Examination through two full-length practice tests. Both tests are based on actual key words from recent ABSITEs, and are accompanied by test review sections, which go over every practice test question and answer, providing rationales behind surgical decision-making.
ABSITE-style question format familiarizes readers with the test’s presentation and content. This edition features twice the number of questions as in the previous edition, offering even more opportunities for self-paced review. Rationales for correct and incorrect responses help to identify the test-taker’s strengths and weaknesses. A convenient companion website offers a complete online test bank to facilitate studying on the go and simulate the actual examination.
This book is ideal not only for those preparing for the ABSITE, but also for surgeons and residents studying for the general surgery qualifying exam and for all surgical residents seeking to review key topics during rotations.
- Two full-length practice tests with 225 questions each, for total of 450 questions
- Based on actual key words from recent ABSITEs
- Companion website featuring an interactive question bank
- High-quality questions and discussions by leaders in their fields
- Key figures and tables, up-to-date cancer staging and treatment algorithms
- Explanations are referenced to popular textbooks, journal articles, and websites