Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Authored by a professional writer and writing coach, this book uses a proven method and set of techniques that unlock creativity and teach students to fully articulate their thoughts and tackle any written task.
Quizzes, exercises and checklists allow students to assess their current writing behaviour and track their improvement. Students are first introduced to general skills and techniques before learning how to apply these skills to the most common types of writing they are likely to face.
This unique book covers topics including:
- Developing a positive attitude to writing
- Using objects to kick-start creativity
- Generating ideas and turning them into arguments
- Applying your new knowledge to essays, dissertations, reports and articles
- Writing your way to your dream job
Vanessa Heaslip, Senior Lecturer in Adult Nursing, Bournemouth University, UK
"This is a well-designed book to support undergraduates through their university journey. It is user-friendly with its clear, easy to follow structure. This book is a great support mechanism to help undergraduates to achieve. I highly recommend this text - it is an essential resource for undergraduates!"
Emma Jackson, University of Worcester, UK
Table of Contents
Part One: Laying the foundations
Chapter 1. Have you got the write stuff?
Chapter 2. Aim for victory with goal setting
Chapter 3. Read your way to writing
Part Two: Creative tools and writing techniques
Chapter 4. Write with objects
Chapter 5. Your toolkit of techniques
Part Three: Thinking like a genius
Chapter 6. How to think up grand ideas
Chapter 7. Powers of persuasion
Part Four: Applying your knowledge
Chapter 8. Essay writing the easy way
Chapter 9. Writing in exams
Chapter 10. The write way to excellent dissertations
Chapter 11. Apply your skills to other documents
Chapter 12. Navigate the road ahead
Part Five: Finishing touches
Chapter 13. A complete writing checklist