Excel on medical pharmacology course exams and the boards with the help of the world’s bestselling pharmacology review book!
More than 800 Q&A
From the authors of pharmacology’s most trusted textbook, Katzung & Trevor’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, this authoritative resource delivers a clear, concise review of fundamental concepts backed by more than 800 review questions and answers. The chapter-based approach facilitates use with course notes or larger texts.
Valuable learning aids include:
- Short discussion of the major concepts that underlie basic principles or specific drug groups in every chapter
- Explanatory figures and tables (many in full color) •
- Review questions followed by answers and explanations
- Overview diagrams visually organize drug groups and concepts
- A list of high-yield terms and definitions you need to know
- Skill Keeper Questions prompt you to review previous material to understand links between related topics
- A checklist of tasks you should be able to perform upon completion of each chapter
- Summary tables that list the important drugs and include key information about their mechanisms of action and effects, clinical uses, pharmacokinetics, drug interactions, and toxicities
- Two comprehensive 100-question examinations followed by the answer keys and explanations for the correct answers
- An appendix describing test-taking strategies for improving your test performance