Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Keys to College Success sets the standard for connecting academic success to success beyond school, showing students how to apply strategies within college, career, and life. The Eighth Edition retains its tried-and-true emphasis on thinking skills and problem solving, re-imagined with two goals in mind: a risk and reward framework that reflects the demands today's students face, and a focus on student experience specific to four-year schools with a more extensive research base and increased metacognition.
Keys to College Success provides the established KEYS set of tools for success – an understanding of how coursework connects to career and life goal achievement, and analytical, creative, and practical thinking coverage that empowers a range of cognitive ability. This program provides:
Note: This is a standalone book. If you want the book/access card order the ISBN below:
0133958817 / 9780133958812 Keys to College Success Plus MyStudentSuccessLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 8/e
Carol Carter has spent her entire career in the business world, where she has a track record of success in corporate America, entrepreneurship, and non-profit. Her student success work is driven by firsthand knowledge of what employers expect and demand from today’s graduates. As President of LifeBound, an academic and career coaching company, she drives the company’s goal to help middle school and high school students become competitive in today’s world, and she teaches study, interpersonal, and career skills to students as well as training and certifying adults in academic coaching skills. Carol speaks on educational topics nationally and internationally and is an expert blogger for the Huffington Post under “Impact,” “College,” and “Business.” Carol is a co-author on many books for Pearson including the Keys to Success series as well as Keys to Business Communication and the Career Tool Kit. She has also published a series of books for K-12 students through LifeBound, including Dollars and Sense: How To Be Smart About Money and Majoring In the Rest of Your Life: Career Secrets for College Students.
Sarah Kravits teaches student success at Montclair State University and has been studying and writing about student success for over 15 years. She is a co-author on the Keys to Success series, including Keys to College Success, Keys to Community College Success, Keys to Success, Keys to Effective Learning, Keys to Online Learning, and Keys to Success Quick. Sarah has given workshops and trainings on student success topics such as critical thinking, risk and reward, and time management at schools all over the country.
Quick Start to College: Helpful Information and Advice as You Begin
1. The Rewards of College: What Are You Willing to Risk to Reach Your Goals?
2. Goals, Time, Stress Management: What Trade-Offs Are You Willing to Make?
3. Emotional and Physical Wellness: How Healthy Are You Willing to Be?
4. Personality and Learning Preferences: Who Are You and What Makes You Unique?
5. Critical, Creative, and Practical Thinking: How Can You Maximize Brain Power?
6. Reading, Research, and Writing: How Can You Develop Deep Understanding?
7. Note-taking, Memory, and Studying: How Can You Retain What You Learn?
8. Test Taking: How Can You Show What You Know?
9. People, Resources and Opportunities: How Can You Make the Most of College Life?
10. Plan for Career Success: What is Your Purpose and Your Passion?
11. Mathematical and Financial Literacy: How can You Be Money Smart?
12. Thriving in a Diverse Global Community: How Can You Communicate Effectively and Make a Difference?
Appendix: Social Networking and Media