Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For First Year Experience, Student Success, and Introduction to College courses for students attending four year programs.
Keys to College Success sets the standard for connecting academic success to success beyond school, showing students how to apply strategies within college, career, and life. This Eighth edition retains Keys' tried-and-true emphasis on thinking skills and problem solving, re-imagined with two goals in mind: One, a risk and reward framework that reflects the demands today's students face, and two, a focus on student experience specific to four-year schools with a more extensive research base and increased metacognition.
Keys to College Success helps students take ownership, develop academic and transferable skills, and show the results of commitment and action so they are well equipped with the concentration, commitment, focus, and persistence necessary to succeed. MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) helps students to 'Start strong, Finish stronger' by acquiring the skills they need to succeed for ongoing personal and professional development.
Teaching & Learning Experience: Strategies for College, Career, and Life Success
Keys to College Success provides the established KEYS set of tools for success – an understanding of how coursework connects to career and life goal achievement, and analytical, creative, and practical thinking coverage that empowers a range of cognitive ability. This program provides:
· Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
· College Connection to Career and Life Goals: Infused with a fresh focus on risk and reward, showing that the reward of success in the modern world demands a risk of vision and persistent effort over time. It raises the bar to show students that they must risk action to grow, thrive, and contribute in order to make their college investment pay off in gainful employment, meaningful work, and community involvement.
· Thinking Skills coverage:Comprehensive content with research references lend credibility and perspective to concepts, targeted exercises that explore personally relevant situations in context, and sustained focus throughout each topic.
· Tailored to the Four Year Program experience: Acknowledges global economic change and instability and hones in on student concerns about employability skills and debt management so the four-year college experience is framed in practical, work-relevant ways even as it supports the value of a liberal education. New coverage of resources, topics, and research support concepts.
0321952545 / 9780321952547 Keys to College Success Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2013 Update -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321929241 / 9780321929242 Keys to College Success
0321943252 / 9780321943255 NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2013 Update -- Valuepack Access Card
Carol Carter has spent her entire career in the business world, where she has a track record of success in corporate America, entrepreneurship, and non-profit. Her student success work is driven by firsthand knowledge of what employers expect and demand from today’s graduates. As President of LifeBound, an academic and career coaching company, she drives the company’s goal to help middle school and high school students become competitive in today’s world, and she teaches study, interpersonal, and career skills to students as well as training and certifying adults in academic coaching skills. Carol speaks on educational topics nationally and internationally and is an expert blogger for the Huffington Post under “Impact,” “College,” and “Business.” Carol is a co-author on many books for Pearson including the Keys to Success series as well as Keys to Business Communication and the Career Tool Kit. She has also published a series of books for K-12 students through LifeBound, including Dollars and Sense: How To Be Smart About Money and Majoring In the Rest of Your Life: Career Secrets for College Students.
Sarah Kravits teaches student success at Montclair State University and has been studying and writing about student success for over 15 years. She is a co-author on the Keys to Success series, including Keys to College Success, Keys to Community College Success, Keys to Success, Keys to Effective Learning, Keys to Online Learning, and Keys to Success Quick. Sarah has given workshops and trainings on student success topics such as critical thinking, risk and reward, and time management at schools all over the country.
Table of Contents
Quick Start to College: Helpful Information and Advice as You Begin
1. The Rewards of College: What Are You Willing to Risk to Reach Your Goals?
2. Goals, Time, Stress Management: What Trade-Offs Are You Willing to Make?
3. Emotional and Physical Wellness: How Healthy Are You Willing to Be?
4. Personality and Learning Preferences: Who Are You and What Makes You Unique?
5. Critical, Creative, and Practical Thinking: How Can You Maximize Brain Power?
6. Reading, Research, and Writing: How Can You Develop Deep Understanding?
7. Note-taking, Memory, and Studying: How Can You Retain What You Learn?
8. Test Taking: How Can You Show What You Know?
9. People, Resources and Opportunities: How Can You Make the Most of College Life?
10. Plan for Career Success: What is Your Purpose and Your Passion?
11. Mathematical and Financial Literacy: How can You Be Money Smart?
12. Thriving in a Diverse Global Community: How Can You Communicate Effectively and Make a Difference?
Appendix: Social Networking and Media