Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Keys to Community College Success sets the standard for connecting academic success to success beyond school, showing students how to apply strategies within college, career, and life. This Seventh edition retains Keys' tried-and-true emphasis on thinking skills and problem solving, re-imagined with two goals in mind: One, a risk and reward framework that reflects the demands today's students face, and two, a focus on student experience specific to two-year schools with a more extensive research base and increased metacognition, helping students get a degree, get skills, or work toward a transfer.
Keys to Community College Success helps students take ownership, develop academic and transferable skills, and show the results of commitment and action so they are well equipped with the concentration, commitment, focus, and persistence necessary to succeed. MyStudentSuccessLab (www.mystudentsuccesslab.com) helps students to 'Start strong, Finish stronger' by acquiring the skills they need to succeed for ongoing personal and professional development.
Teaching & Learning Experience: Strategies for College, Career, and Life Success
Keys to Community College Success provides the established KEYS set of tools for success – an understanding of how coursework connects to career and life goal achievement, and analytical, creative, and practical thinking coverage that empowers a range of cognitive ability. This program provides:
· Personalized Learning with MyStudentSuccessLab: Whether face-to-face or online, MyStudentSuccessLab helps students build the skills they need through peer-led video interviews, interactive practice exercises, and activities that provide academic, life, and professionalism skills.
· College Connection to Career and Life Goals: Infused with a fresh focus on risk and reward, showing that the reward of success in the modern world demands a risk of vision and persistent effort over time. It raises the bar to show students that they must risk action to grow, thrive, and contribute in order to make their college investment pay off in gainful employment, meaningful work, and community involvement.
· Thinking Skills coverage:Comprehensive content with research references lend credibility and perspective to concepts, targeted exercises that explore personally relevant situations in context, and sustained focus throughout each topic.
· Tailored to the Two Year Program experience: Acknowledges global economic change and instability and hones in on student concerns about employability skills and debt management so the two-year college experience is framed in practical, work-relevant ways with consideration toward transfer students as well. New coverage of resources, topics, and research support concepts.
Note: This is the standalone book, if you want the book/access card order the ISBN below:
0321952553 / 9780321952554 Keys to Community College Success Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2013 Update -- Access Card Package
Carol Carter has spent her entire career in the business world, where she has a track record of success in corporate America, entrepreneurship, and non-profit. Her student success work is driven by firsthand knowledge of what employers expect and demand from today’s graduates. As President of LifeBound, an academic and career coaching company, she drives the company’s goal to help middle school and high school students become competitive in today’s world, and she teaches study, interpersonal, and career skills to students as well as training and certifying adults in academic coaching skills. Carol speaks on educational topics nationally and internationally and is an expert blogger for the Huffington Post under “Impact,” “College,” and “Business.” Carol is a co-author on many books for Pearson including the Keys to Success series as well as Keys to Business Communication and the Career Tool Kit. She has also published a series of books for K-12 students through LifeBound, including Dollars and Sense: How To Be Smart About Money and Majoring In the Rest of Your Life: Career Secrets for College Students.
Sarah Kravits teaches student success at Montclair State University and has been studying and writing about student success for over 15 years. She is a co-author on the Keys to Success series, including Keys to College Success, Keys to Community College Success, Keys to Success, Keys to Effective Learning, Keys to Online Learning, and Keys to Success Quick. Sarah has given workshops and trainings on student success topics such as critical thinking, risk and reward, and time management at schools all over the country.
Quick Start to College: Helpful Information and Advice as You Begin
1. The Rewards of College: Taking Risks that Move You Toward Success
2. Values, Goals, and Time: Managing Yourself
3. Learning How You Learn: Making the Most of Your Abilities
4. Critical, Creative, and Practical Thinking: Solving Problems and Making Decisions
5. Reading and Information Literacy: Learning from Print and Online Materials
6. Listening and Note Taking: Taking In and Recording Information
7. Memory and Studying: Retaining What You Learn
8. Test Taking: Showing What You Know
9. Diversity and Communication: Making Relationships Work
10. Wellness and Stress Management: Staying Healthy in Mind and Body
11. Managing Money: Living Below Your Means
12. Careers and More: Building a Successful Future
Appendix: Social Networking and Media