180 day subscription
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
As part of the Keys to Success series, this chapter-sized segment provides success strategies specific to adult learners’ needs, including their life demands, family responsibilities, and professional obligations in addition to school.
Keys to Success for Adult Learners is a concise and focused one-chapter-sized segment that validates and supports the growing population of adult learners. With a discussion of the benefit of life experiences, it helps adult learners understand how what they already know can help them learn in an academic setting. With specific strategies that take into account the circumstances of non-traditionally-aged students, it helps the adult learner prepare effectively for college, work smart while there, manage academic responsibilities, and handle stress. These materials are designed to increase the engagement and retention of the adult learner, benefiting learners as well as institutions.
Carol Carter is committed to helping students turn on their brains, get motivated, and discover their abilities. As president of her own company, LifeBound, she teaches study, interpersonal, and career skills to middle school and high school students and helps them become competitive in today’s global world. She trains and certifies coaches in academic coaching skills, and focuses on at-risk students with her volunteer teaching at the federal prison and her LifeBound work in the Denver housing projects. Carol also speaks on educational topics nationally and internationally and is a co-author of the Keys to Success series of books and author of Keys to Business Communication.
Sarah Lyman Kravits teaches the New Student Seminar at Montclair State University, and has co-authored several student success textbooks including Keys to Success, Keys to Effective Learning, and Keys to College Studying. She has also served as Program Director for LifeSkills, Inc., a nonprofit organization that aims to further the career and personal development of high school students through curricular elements as well as interaction with members of the business community. Sarah has also given workshops on critical thinking and collaborative thinking.
Table of Contents
Keys to Success for Adult Learners helps students:
- Understand how their life experiences can help them succeed
- Prepare to return to college with an awareness of personal needs and goals
- "Work smart" while in college, taking work and personal responsibilities into account
- Manage academic responsibilities and handle stress through organization and prioritizing