180 day subscription
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
As part of the Keys to Success series, this chapter-sized segment provides success strategies specific to use of digital devices and media for effective interaction with the digital world, including research, communication, and online courses.
Keys to Success for Digital Learners is a concise and focused one-chapter-sized segment that validates and supports students who interact with college material digitally in any way, whether in a fully online course, a hybrid course, or a face-to-face course for which students use digital resources and/or learning management systems. In addition to basic skills for using e-mail, file systems, and software, this resource addresses sensitive and crucial topics such as digital addiction, managing one’s online presence, and evaluating source material that appears online. These materials are designed to increase the engagement and retention of students using digital tools in college, benefiting learners as well as institutions.
Carol Carter is committed to helping students turn on their brains, get motivated, and discover their abilities. As president of her own company, LifeBound, she teaches study, interpersonal, and career skills to middle school and high school students and helps them become competitive in today’s global world. She trains and certifies coaches in academic coaching skills, and focuses on at-risk students with her volunteer teaching at the federal prison and her LifeBound work in the Denver housing projects. Carol also speaks on educational topics nationally and internationally and is a co-author of the Keys to Success series of books and author of Keys to Business Communication.
Sarah Lyman Kravits teaches the New Student Seminar at Montclair State University, and has co-authored several student success textbooks including Keys to Success, Keys to Effective Learning, and Keys to College Studying. She has also served as Program Director for LifeSkills, Inc., a nonprofit organization that aims to further the career and personal development of high school students through curricular elements as well as interaction with members of the business community. Sarah has also given workshops on critical thinking and collaborative thinking.
Table of Contents
Keys to Success for Digital Learners helps students:
- Manage their interaction with the digital world
- Improve their e-mail and software skills
- Craft an effective online presence and avoid digital addiction
- Communicate effectively in the digital world
- Find, use, and cite reliable source material
- Succeed in online and hybrid courses