Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Known for its carefully guidedlab activities, accurate art and photo program, and unique practice and review tools that encourage students to draw, label, apply clinical content, and think critically, Wood, Laboratory Manual for Anatomy & Physiology with Martini Art featuring MasteringA&P ® , Cat Version, Fifth Edition offers a comprehensive approach to the two-semester A&P laboratory course. The stunning, full-color illustrations are adapted from Martini/Nath/Bartholomew, Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology, Ninth Edition, making this lab manual a perfect companion to that textbook for instructors who want lab manual art to match textbook art. The use of the Martini art also makes this lab manual a strong companion to Martini/Ober/Nath, Visual Anatomy & Physiology. This manual can also be used with any other two-semester A&P textbook for those instructors who want students in the lab to see different art from what is in their textbook. This lab manual is available in three versions: Main, Cat, and Pig. The Cat and Pig versions are identical to the Main version but also include nine cat or nine pig dissection exercises at the back of the lab manual.
The Fifth Edition features more visually effective art and abundant opportunities for student practice both in the manual and online. For the first time, this manual comes with MasteringA&P. The new Practice Anatomy Lab™ (PAL™) 3.0 virtual anatomy program and the new PhysioEx™ 9.1 physiology lab simulation program–both housed within MasteringA&P®–give students valuable coaching and practice.
0321935578 / 9780321935571 Laboratory Manual for Anatomy & Physiology featuring Martini Art, Cat Version Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0321803655 / 9780321803658 Laboratory Manual for Anatomy & Physiology featuring Martini Art, Cat Version
0321809742 / 9780321809742 MasteringA&P with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Laboratory Manual for Anatomy & Physiology featuring Martini Art (ME Component)
0321907124 / 9780321907127 PhysioEx 9.1 CD-ROM (Integrated Component)
0321928318 / 9780321928313 Sticker for PhysioEx 9.1 Update
Michael G. Wood is a Professor of Biology at Del Mar College in Corpus Christi, Texas, where he has taught anatomy & physiology and biology for over 20 years. He has received the “Educator of the Year” and “Teacher of the Year” awards from the Del Mar College student body and from the local business community. He received his M.S. in 1986 at Pan American University, now the University of Texas at Pan American, where his research examined the ecological impact of an introduced species used widely in aquaculture (the blue tilapia) on the native fish population in the Rio Grande drainage of South Texas. He is a member of the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS).
Table of Contents
1. Laboratory Safety
2. Introduction to the Human Body
3. Organ Systems Overview
4. Use of the Microscope
5. Anatomy of the Cell and Cell Division
6. Movement Across Cell Membranes
7. Epithelial Tissue
8. Connective Tissue
9. Muscle Tissue
10. Neural Tissue
11. The Integumentary System
12. Body Membranes
13. Organization of the Skeletal System
14. The Axial Skeleton
15. The Appendicular Skeleton
17. Organization of Skeletal Muscles
18. Muscles of the Head and Neck
19. Muscles of the Vertebral Column, Abdomen, and Pelvis
20. Muscles of the Pectoral Girdle and Upper Limb
21. Muscles of the Pelvic Girdle and Lower Limb
22. Muscle Physiology
23. Organization of the Nervous System
24. The Spinal Cord, Spinal Nerves, and Reflexes
25. Anatomy of the Brain
26. Autonomic Nervous System
27. General Senses
28. Special Senses: Olfaction and Gustation
29. Anatomy of the Eye
30. Physiology of the Eye
31. Anatomy of the Ear
32. Physiology of the Ear
33. The Endocrine System
35. Anatomy of the Heart
36. Anatomy of the Systemic Circulation
37. Cardiovascular Physiology
38. The Lymphatic System
39. Anatomy of the Respiratory System
40. Physiology of the Respiratory System
41. Anatomy of the Digestive System
42. Physiology of the Digestive System
43. Anatomy of the Urinary System
44. Physiology of the Urinary System
45. Anatomy of the Reproductive System
46. Development 000
47. Surface Anatomy 000
Cat Dissection Exercises
1. Cat Muscular System
2. Cat Nervous System
3. Cat Endocrine System
4. Cat Circulatory System
5. Cat Lymphatic System
6. Cat Respiratory System
7. Cat Digestive System
8. Cat Urinary System
9. Cat Reproductive System
Appendix a: Weights and Measures
APPENDIX B: Eponyms in Common Use